Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Fire in the Sand

I was captured by this picture taken this summer on a family retreat to the beach. We spent a few nights out late listening to the ocean and watching the fire dance.

As I look closely at the flames I am reminded that not only does He, the Creator, know every hair upon my head, He also knows each grain of sand that I tread upon. It seems that the sands and the stars have a few things in common, they both were created and travel large distances. Sand travels by water and stars by light, so what comes in the wind?

To be refined is to see, hear, smell, taste, and touch. You do all of these things while sitting on the beach with the Creator of the Universe. (I'm also grateful He told us about "Smore's.") I find that lately I am captured by the thought of using all of my senses both in the natural and the supernatural. So I'll leave each of you with this thought, what does the Creator taste like?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome insight, hope you are doing well :)

Nadine said...

Love the picture. I hope all is well with you.

Jen(n) said...

I think we forget to explore God with all our senses. This is a great reminder Em!
I love your spirit!

Freedom Fighter said...

Your beach campfire picture and smores reference brings back a lot of memories. It's neat to know that God likes the smell of smoke. I do too. Great post Emily

Jen(n) said...

Em... Your mom said you are coming in to town on Sunday. Maybe we can have lunch on monday?? Give me a call when you get a chance or e-mail me at the church: office@threeriversbridge.com

Intimacy with the Creator

Intimacy with the Creator
Worship in Spirit & in Truth

Joy on a Leash

Joy on a Leash
Lessons of Life