Wednesday, October 24, 2007

When Heaven Dances

I found myself today wondering what the dance of Heaven would look like to us. There are so many dances that are done all around the world that on some level must mirror Heaven. This made me think even deeper about what happens when the Spirit hovers over us. When the Spirit moved on David, he danced in all joy and abandon with nothing holding him back. David gave his all and humbled himself before the Lord and the people. He was willing to sacrifice his reputation in the sight of others just to be pleasing to the Father.



I'm so curious on how we choose to hold back because of pride(fill in your own word). I know I hold myself back so that I wont offend someone, but the only person I am offending is the One who created me. It is important that I don't lose sight of the big picture of doing what I was created to do, worship. There is a song that I find myself sing a lot lately. A few of the words are as follows:



The stars in the sky bow to You. The flowers of the field dance to Your song. I am not ashamed to lift up my voice, I am not ashamed. I run to the edge of Your love, close my eyes, fall in to You. As I rest in Your arms I know I'm free, I know I'm free. (Josh Young)



To be free and to know that I am free is a release, but to not be ashamed is to know who I am. Intimacy is created when we abandon our own will and lives to the Creator. In the picture of my close friend Pam (above) shows how much we need to ask to participate in the dance of Heaven to be pleasing to the King. Do not let pride(fill in your own word) stop you from living on the edge of His love, close your eyes and fall in deep!

No comments:

Intimacy with the Creator

Intimacy with the Creator
Worship in Spirit & in Truth

Joy on a Leash

Joy on a Leash
Lessons of Life