Thursday, October 25, 2007

Depth & Height



To sit and behold all the wonders You've created holds my eyes fixed upon the changing of the tides. O Lord, how is it that You created such beauty that traps my gaze? To see Your creation is to have a small window to the depths and heights of Your love for me. To see a father play with his son is to see You playing with me, in the vast ocean of Your love. Desperately I seek You to find my purpose with which You have chosen me. I struggle to understand and to see all that You have planned for me. O that I might be teachable and easily molded to all that You have planned; may I lay down all my preconceived ideas. O Lord, what is it that You want from me? As I hear the waves crashing upon the shore, I am reminded that they clean the sand, just as the waves of Your Spirit wash and cleanse my mind, body, and my spirit. O Lord, show me that which I need to see and show me Your will and desire for those whom You love. Continue to teach me to love as You have loved, both the depth and the height of Your passion for those whom You have chosen! O Lord, how long...?

4 comments:

Emancipation of the Freed said...

Be merciful to me, Lord, for I am faint; O Lord, heal me, for my bones are in agony. My soul is in anguish. How long, O Lord, how long? Turn, O Lord, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love. (Psalm 6:2-4)

But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love… (Psalm 33:18)

Love never fails (1 Corinthians 13:8)

His eyes are on you!

Stay low, don't quit, only believe!

Z

redeemed diva said...

Love the transparency and beauty of this post. Thanks for thinking out loud.

Nadine said...

Really nice. Stand firm my friend.

Jen(n) said...

Em... I lost your e-mail address!! Let me know if you get this. I was hoping we could do a late lunch/early dinner on Saturday? I was thinking around 3:00 at the applebees in Kennewick?? Let me know what you thing!!!

Intimacy with the Creator

Intimacy with the Creator
Worship in Spirit & in Truth

Joy on a Leash

Joy on a Leash
Lessons of Life