Thursday, November 8, 2007

On the Journey of Life

I am going to share an experience that happened to me recently on one of my short travels home. I got up early and packed up my truck and then my dog for the trip home. I was pretty tired, but I was excited about this trip. I had an interview back home for an amazing position that I hope to hear soon about. On this drive something felt a little different I wasn't quite sure what, but I knew that something was different. I had my music going and I was on my way with anticipation, but the question was, why? This day started off extremely cloudy with no sunshine to be seen. I began to sing with the music and pray for a while. It was getting close to the halfway point of the trip and I was excited, because that meant both Preacher and I would be getting out of the truck for a quick bathroom break and stretching of the legs. As we got closer I heard the Creator tell me to pull over and take a picture of the sign you see above. So I quickly obeyed not fully knowing why, but just choosing to be obedient. I took a picture of a second sign, but that's for another time to talk to you all about. I pulled into the rest area and quickly did what I was there to do, all the while asking the Creator, why was I to take these pictures?

After this short break we were back on the road and I was asking Him about the pictures as well as sing to my own music now. I heard Him tell me that while we are on the road of destiny He will ask us at times to take a rest. To watch for the signs when He is pointing to us to pull over and to stretch and take in the beauty that surrounds us. Just about this time, I saw a quarter size patch of blue sky. I just knew that as I crested the next mountain everything was going to be blue, no more clouds. I was right and with that something within me leaped and all I could do was begin to worship the Creator with my song. The songs just flowed one right after the other until I found myself weeping and feeling a shift within my spirit. There was a new freedom which I had not felt before, almost a release of a spiritual stronghold in my life. I realized that there was a renewing of the mind happening to me and I was beyond excited. I was able to share this throughout the weekend home with several of my friends and there was a breakthrough for many others as well. It was an amazing trip that truly started when I took a rest break. So for those of you who at times are uncertain of what is coming next, don't pass up the opportunity to pull over and rest in Him.

1 comment:

Jen(n) said...

I took Bethany for her road test last friday and she passed!!! after three generations of women not driving in her family, she offically has her license! Talk about a break through.

Intimacy with the Creator

Intimacy with the Creator
Worship in Spirit & in Truth

Joy on a Leash

Joy on a Leash
Lessons of Life