Thursday, October 4, 2007

Intimacy with the Creator

It is important that we spend time with the Father. He created us to have relationship with Him and the more time we spend with Him the more He gives us His heart. As I was deciding what to put on my blog today I was drawn to a close friend who has a heart to worship the Creator in spirit and in truth. The picture was taken during an intense time of worship and dance at "The Bridge" in Kennewick, WA. When we press in and listen to the Holy Spirit and what He is doing we see the heart of the Father to the inner most thoughts. It is very important that we spend time inviting the Holy Spirit into every situation, after all didn't Jesus say He had to go so another could come? A lot of times we invite the Holy Spirit, but we have an agenda that will stop Him from moving. After all He loves us and is gentle and kind and will not interrupt our agenda's, but if we allow Him to move without hindrances or limitations, then the question becomes more of an anticipation to see Him move over us.

Could you imagine if we allowed Holy Spirit to do what He did in the beginning? In Genesis 1:2 it says, "The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the the face of the waters." The word, hovering, means to dance over. So if the Holy Spirit were to dance over you, what would that look like? Just maybe the picture above gives a glimpse into what it is to be danced over by the Spirit. So the challenge has begun for each of you who read this to ask the Holy Spirit to come without any limitations on what He will do in your midst. Challenge yourselves to use all your senses to know what His heart is for you and those around you. Let us no longer leave Him outside wanting to be with us, but invite Him in and see what He will do. If you are not sure about the Holy Spirit I encourage you to do a study on who the Holy Spirit is in relationship to the Father and the Son.

4 comments:

Nadine said...

Nice post. It was good to see you last week. I hope you come back as often as you can.

Jen(n) said...

And the Spirit of God was hovering over the the face of the waters." The word, hovering, means to dance over. So if the Holy Spirit were to dance over you, what would that look like?

That is so cool Em... I'll have to tell Ty to read your blog today. I know that will excite him.

I was so sorry to miss you last Sunday! Next time you come in to town I want to sneak in some time.. . maybe a lunch?? I really enjoy talking with you!

a woman who is said...

I love it. The Holy Spirit dancing over us, and maybe even with us at times? I enjoyed your blog. I am teaching a class this year on The Holy Spirit. It is my third time teaching this class and I love how I can't reach the end of exploring Him and who He is.
Those are some orbs!

Karen said...

What a thought! The same power that formed the universe dancing over us!

Have a great day.

Intimacy with the Creator

Intimacy with the Creator
Worship in Spirit & in Truth

Joy on a Leash

Joy on a Leash
Lessons of Life