Friday, September 7, 2007

Driven to the Edge

What is it that drives each one of us to the edge of ourselves and into the embrace of the Creator? I find that I have been asking myself this question a lot lately. I want to fully loose myself in order that I might be found in Him. As I question myself I keep coming to the conclusion that I have yet to loose myself, because I have not let go of who I want to be. My identity should not be my own, but only found in Him. I made a promise to Him when I was just a young child that I would give Him all of me. I am learning slowly what it means to lay down all of me and engage into the realm of the unknown. To be free to follow Him no matter where He leads and to embrace the transitions. It is time that I be even more willing to sacrifice all of me with nothing holding me back. To no longer allow it to be about me, but to die to self and live for Him regardless of the circumstances that I may face. So for those of you who may read this I challenge you also to think about what it is that drives you to the edge of yourself and into the embrace of the Creator.

1 comment:

Nadine said...

I miss you Em. I hope all is well. Sounds like what's driving you is Him. I think that's great.

Intimacy with the Creator

Intimacy with the Creator
Worship in Spirit & in Truth

Joy on a Leash

Joy on a Leash
Lessons of Life