Saturday, September 8, 2007

Playing Ball

Okay, so I got Preacher this new toy last week and he is absolutely obsessed with it. Basically it is an extra arm that holds a tennis ball and you can throw the ball twice as far with less effort. He gets so overly excited about it that he is jumping up to get the ball before I even throw it. He just cracks me up. So if you're reading this you may be wondering what the big deal is about this new toy and why I think it's an answer for me too. Let me explain it this way, you see when the Creator reveals something new to us, we get so excited that we are willing to run any distance to obtain the prize.

It reminds me of times in my life where I have been given a challenge and had to obtain new information to be able to accomplish all that was set before me. We must learn what it takes to get from one point to another the way He has intended for us. That means we have to watch closely to see were "the ball" is going so that we don't get to far ahead or behind. I know I personally want to be able to see where I am going and trust in the timing that is laid out for me. I don't want to be early and I don't want to be late, I want to live in the moment. If this little example helps to remind you that it is never to late to get excited about the gifts that you've been given by the Creator, then have fun learning more about those directions and visions. Don't allow these moments to pass without being fully engaged.

3 comments:

Dianna said...

Good to hear from you, Girlfriend!
And we are right there with you, discovering the new everyday. May it never end. Enjoy the adventure....
Love you,
Di

a woman who is said...

Fully engaged, thanks for the reminder and encouragement. Life is flying by me so fast these days, I feel just like your dog, ou ou here comes the next ball, I gotta get ready, gotta go. I don't want to miss one thing God is doing and blessing me with. Yeah!
P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog Em, miss you!

Nadine said...

It's so good to take stock of the things God does in our life. I'm so glad that I keep in touch in this manner. You're a sweetie.

Intimacy with the Creator

Intimacy with the Creator
Worship in Spirit & in Truth

Joy on a Leash

Joy on a Leash
Lessons of Life