Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Mountain

My ascent up the mountain was exciting and the steepness grueling, but it was worth the effort. Preacher and I were given the opportunity yesterday to ascend the hill that is on our friends 14 acre property. It was breath taking at parts (literally) because of such a steep climb, but when we reached the pipeline that goes into Aberdeen it was not so steep anymore. The pipeline is a great place to pray from to cover the entire city and to rejoice in what the Lord is doing. I found myself and Preacher turning around a little earlier than planned, but that was alright we stopped and worshiped the Creator in the middle of a tree alcove. I couldn't help myself but to sing. Depending on if the weather holds up today, I may try to climb again.

I was reminded last night as I was reading that those with clean hands and a pure heart may ascend the hill of the Lord. So I want to encourage others to make the trip and climb the hill of the Lord and worship and praise Him the entire way up! And remember it is okay to stop to catch your breath, but you must keep going or you could end up wanting to quit before you reach the top. The top is worth seeing and experiencing so keep pushing yourself and ask for help when you need it. I found Preacher to be a great asset on that steep climb. I held on to his leash and he would leap forward four or five steps (to the end of the leash) and then wait to for me. He had a lot of strength and that helped pull me a few steps forward at a time. God is more faithful than my dog, so when you need help up the mountain call on Him to help give you a hand by pulling you up a few steps at a time until you reach the top. Then give Him praise and listen to His heart for those He loves.

5 comments:

Nadine said...

It's amazing how much of God we see when we do simple activities. I'm glad you are finding your own there. Come back soon for a visit.

Shadraq said...

Dude, how's the new digs?

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Emancipation of the Freed said...

It's always nice to have a strong "Preacher" to help you get up the mountain of the Lord... :)

Great post, I miss you dearly!
Z

Gwen said...

em , I liked your uphill climb. It is good that peacher could pull you. I miss him sometimes. Let the son shineon your adventure. Hope to see you soon.

Intimacy with the Creator

Intimacy with the Creator
Worship in Spirit & in Truth

Joy on a Leash

Joy on a Leash
Lessons of Life