Saturday, August 11, 2007

Boxes

Okay, I have to laugh at myself a little about this process I am in. You see I like to be out of the box and not in it, so packing everything into boxes is quite hilarious. I find that God is speaking to me even while I am putting my worldly belongings into an amazing amount of boxes. As I was beginning to look around I had to laugh because some how over the past few years I have accumulated way too much stuff. As I was packing my c.d.'s and videos I had this picture of what was to come for me. My worldly stuff has now been put into boxes and I have allowed God out of the box (that I had put Him in). He is now officially in control and I have little to say about it, other than that I am willing and able to do all things through Him. No more boxes!

For those who don't know a lot about me there is a story I should share with you. When I was at the wonderful age of four, MY JESUS, came into my life and made all things new. I also made Him a very big promise. So here's how the story goes. Not long after I asked Jesus to come in, I was sitting in 'big peoples' church and Pastor Devin was talking about the offering basket that was going to be passed around and was talking about asking the Lord how much we should give. As a four year old I had a slightly different understanding of offering (money), you see I looked to Heaven and said, "But Lord I'm too big to fit in the offering basket!" Wow! What a concept for a four year old, so needless to say God is now requiring of me this very thing to give all of who I am to Him. Now after moving several times since the initial time of offering, God has come to call and is moving me back to the very area where I first made my promise to give Him all of me.

In less than two weeks I will be in the place that promises to be an adventure in Him. I look forward to both a challenge and a victory. I will however miss my church family here that have so inspired and taught me to grow. They have shown me what it is to overcome all obstacles in my way. So to The Bridge, I thank you all for loving me and teaching me the importance of reaching outside and learning to fly. To the awesome young people who challenged me on a regular basis to dig deeper and soar higher, I love you! To my friends I have no words but, thank you for believing in me. To Tom and Nadine, the two of you are inspirations and more than I could have hoped for in spiritual parents, truly I love you. Now before I begin to let the tears stream my face, I must return to the towering of boxes that are now mounting in my room. God bless each and everyone of you!

6 comments:

Nadine said...

Em you are truly loved. I'm proud that you've looked to us as spiritual parents - because I know the stock from which you came. You will be missed, but I know this new adventure is good. I look forward to hearing what God will do in your life and to times I know you will be back for visits. May God bless you as you venture forward.

Emancipation of the Freed said...

Em we love you with all our hearts! It has been a privledge to know you and serve you!

Z

Jourdan said...

Emily, I didn't know you had a blog!! That was an awesome post..I'm so glad for your growth over the last years. Know that I am here for you whenever you need a friend!
love ya,
Jo

Jen(n) said...

I am so glad you have this blog so that you can keep us posted from a distance. I am always blessed whenever I talk to you. You wear your heart on your shirt and it truely it stirs up feedom for all of us. I will never forget our shared laughter session during the Doug Addison conference!

a woman who is said...

Emily, you are blogging, yeah! I am with Jenn. Good way to keep in touch. Hope packing is going okay. Are you leaving before the fair? Hope I will have a chance to say goodbye, and catch up on our prayer project :>)

a woman who is said...

love the box analogy!

Intimacy with the Creator

Intimacy with the Creator
Worship in Spirit & in Truth

Joy on a Leash

Joy on a Leash
Lessons of Life